Monday, August 27, 2012

Humanities in Environmental Long-term Planning for Sustainability (HELPS!)

My post requesting assistance in unearthing case studies where the humanities were directly engaged in sustainability planning in cities around the world fell on somewhat deaf ears.  Just let me quickly follow up and renew my call for help.   If the humanities can be broadly defined as “the study and interpretation of the following: language, both modern and classical; linguistics; literature; history; jurisprudence; philosophy; archaeology; comparative religion; ethics; the history, criticism and theory of the arts” how are humanists *directly* engaged with the work of sustainability in urban settings? I am not saying that they don't but I do want specific examples of how.., any takers?

No comments:

Post a Comment